Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!
Today was not the typical Valentine's Day for us. The hubby decided to take the day off so he could watch after Miss Hailey while I drove about 1hr 10 mins to my fertility clinic appointment. Today I was scheduled to have an HSG which is to check for blockages, fibroids, polyps etc. I came across a great website that actually has a video of the test I did today http://www.ivf1.com/hsg-hysterosalpingogram/ . To make a long story short, they basically inject iodine into your uterus and fill it up! It's a fairly painless procedure but will increase your fertility THREE times! The doctor looked at my uterus and said "It looks great and you could definitely carry twins no problem at all". This doctor really makes you feel optimistic and I always leave happy. After my procedure I got dressed and headed to another room for my 1st ultrasound check since I did my injections and pills. She inserted the Ultrasound wand and checked my uterus for the lining. The uterus looked great, it had a nice thick lining. Woo hoo! Step 1 -- GREAT! Then she went to check the ovaries for follicles (egg sacks). She went to my right side first ... I was so excited because my right side has never done me wrong. Finally the image came up on the screen "Oh crap" I said "that ovary looks horrible". The Physicians Assistant replies "Nothing but immature small follicles on the right side". My heart sunk knowing that my left side never produces. She moved the wand to the left ovary and BOOM beautiful follicles galore! I was tickled pink with JOY! I thought "wow, I see at least 3 or 4 big ones in there". She began to measure them 17.9mm, 14.5mm, 14.3mm & 12.5mm! WAHOO! She informed me that 3 follicles look great and we have one lil dude that may or may not catch up. I went home satisfied with all the information provided today!! :) I just finished my last Follistim injection and will complete my Ovidrel injection Wednesday at 2AM ... that's right I have to set my alarm for 2AM to inject myself. That should be fun! Not so much. Then on Thursday I go for my IUI at 4pm (Hubby will make his donation at 2pm). For those unfamiliar with what IUI's are, I will include a great informational website http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/iui.html After Thursday we will have to wait 14 LONG days before we can test. I HOPE AND PRAY THIS WORKS!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please help me keep positive during this moment of my life. Please help my little follicles grow to be the very best they can be. Help the little men find my eggs and stick to my wall :) Please Lord also watch over my sister and her baby during these last few weeks of her pregnancy. In your name I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment