Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's like I know a foreign language!

Today is Saturday, only 2DPIUI, ugh time just goes so slow during this 2WW.

If you are unfamiliar with the fertility world or have never had fertility issues this could seem like a foreign language. After joining many support groups and talking with others that are going through the same thing, the lingo has caught on so easily. To me, it's just the same as using LOL and OMG. If ever you need a decoder, here is a great site http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/acronyms.html But some of the definition can be confusing like what's the difference between IUI and ICUI? I had to look that one up! Who knew there were a million ways to get pregnant!? I do now!

Anyhow, Thursday 2/17 was my IUI. Marcin went in first at 2pm and then we just sat in the car for 2 hours with Hailey asleep in the back until 4pm. I was so nervous! I went inside and all I wanted to know was "how many little souldiers did we have in that test tube". First the doctor made small chat with me and I wanted to just bust out and say "SHOW ME THE PAPER". Finally out the paper came, she was explaining line by line but my eyes quickly went to the bottom line .... 21.1 million post washed sperm, morphology GREAT, motility GREAT!~ I was SOOOO excited. I thought "lets get this party started"!!!  Just for some insight anything over 5 million increases your odds to a successful IUI. But, keep in mind IUI's aren't as successful as you think. Statistics say that WITH femara (pills), Injectables, Ovulation Trigger shot, GREAT sperm count and MULTIPLE mature follicles ... the odds of conceiving are 6%-26%. That's right --- at TOPS 3 out of 10 people get pregnant. Anyhow, having said that, I am ALL IN! Here's how the IUI went and why I think I am closer to the 6%.

Here's my IUI story:

My PA had a very difficult time locating the enterance to my cervix/uterus. She pushed on my stomach and poked around quite a bit before calling in an ultrasound tech. The ultrasound tech put the wand on my belly and located my uterus. She pushed down REALLY hard on the wand which pushed my uterus to a better position (this was so painful I yelped and jumped). Anyhow, the conversation between the PA & Ultrasound Tech was the following.

PA: "Ok, am I in"
US Tech: "I don't see you yet, how far in are you?"
PA: "7"
US Tech: "Ok, I see you"
PA moves the catheter around a little bit before asking "OK, do you still see me"
US Tech: "I did see you, you should be ok to inject"
PA: "Ok, injecting"

My response immediately after "Are you sure you got it in there". PA replied "ya".

I left the office and went out to dinner with my hubby. Apon returning to my car (about 1.5 hours after insemination) a GUSH of fluid comes out and soaks me. OMG, what is happening I think to myself. It was a combination of blood and "something else". I was thinking "Oh man, this better not be his souldiers hiking on out of me".  At that point I wanted to cry but I thought "stay positive Mandy, stay positive".

We went home and I laid on the couch in pain until bed time.

Last night, I started my progesterone cream (it's to prevent miscarriages IF I am pregnant).  Currently, I am feeling no symptoms of anything just some light aching on my left ovary where all those follicles broke out. But, having no symptoms is completely normal for only 2 DPIUI. It will take 3-7 days for the egg to attach to the wall of the uterus and another 3-5 days to register HCG in your urine. Therefore, you aren't OFFICIALLY pregnant until the egg attaches. If the sperm never finds the eggs or the egg never attaches to the uterine wall ... it will be a failed cycle. If everything WAS done correctly ... I have a lot of eggs and a lot of sperm ... therefore it is possible! Trying, trying, trying to stay positive. I will take a test 2/24 to see if the HCG ovulation trigger shot is out of my urine. Then 2/27 I will began taking my HPT's even though the doctor specifically said NOT to before 3/3 LOL :) Until then ....

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please help me keep a positive outlook, please keep your finger under my chin and don't let me push downward. Father, thank you for all you do for me ... I live my life for you. In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment