A Father's Grief
It must be very difficult
To be a man in grief,
Since "men don't cry"
...and "men are strong"
No tears can bring relief.
It must be very difficult
To stand up to the test,
And field the calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.
They always ask if she's all right
And what she's going through.
But seldom take his hand and ask,
"My friend, but how are you?"
He hears her crying in the night
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
But "stays strong" for her sake.
It must be very difficult
To start each day anew.
And try to be so very brave-
He lost his baby too.
- Author unknown
I guess I never put much thought into it though, it just hurt ME so bad. I felt that because the baby was growing inside of me, that it didn't affect him. I'd wake up and say "oh man, I am so nauseous" or "I'm cramping, there's gotta be a baby there". We went to a party and I ate dinner and basically ran to the potty because it made me want to barf. I just KNEW I was pregnant and the hubby also said "I know you are pregnant". The day we found out I was pregnant, the hubby had to work. After working a very long day, he stopped on his way home from work to buy me flowers and a card. The card was just precious, it said "Wooo Hoooo! Congrats to us!" then he wrote "I am so happy, I love you". Those few days we were pregnant were just amazing. We talked about names, furniture, baby room stuff...we were BOTH in heaven about it. I guess it's taken me a month to realize he had to be just as crushed as I was about the whole thing. His baby was gone too! Yes, I was the person who held the baby inside but he was the person that heard and stood beside me during all my discoveries of pregnancy. Even though the baby only lived for 5 weeks in my tummy, the memory will live in my heart forever. See you in heaven ... say Hi to my mommy. If only I could hug you both.
No comments:
Post a Comment