Saturday, December 10, 2011

Baby update!

Today I am 7 weeks 5 days pregnant!! I am so happy to be in this spot right now :)

I had a horrible scare this week with spotting and bad cramping. Also, about 5 days ago all my pregnancy symptoms just disappeared (no more nausea, no sore breasts, no fatigue). I tried to prepare myself for a bad ultrasound. I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for them to call me back for my ultrasound. The ultrasound tech walked in the room and I said "I just want to see the heartbeat first". She said "Sure, definitely". I knew by the look of the baby, she/he definitely grew since the last ultrasound (little arms and legs--awww), but I let off a big sigh of relief when I saw the little flicker of his/her heartbeat. Then she put on the audio so I could hear the babies heartbeat ... MUSIC TO MY EARS! It was beautiful, and I thanked God profusely!

The ultrasound tech said a galloping horse heartbeat means boy and a washing machine heartbeat means girl (an old wives tale). This little munchkin sounded like a washing machine. The babies heartbeat was 153bpm (that was around what Hailey's heartbeat was too at this time). Right now, I really don't know what gender the baby is ... I keep changing my mind. But never the less, this baby could be a boy or could be a girl ... the love for this child will never change regardless!

Thank you God for this beautiful life ... We feel so truly blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment